Student Academic Grievance Redressal System
1. NON ISSUEANCE OF STUDY CERTIFICATE
2. NON RECEIPT OF SCHOLORSHIPS FORM THE COLLEGE
3. BUS PASS
4. MARKS LISTS
5. REFUND OF ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES
6. TRANSFER CERTIFICATE
7. REFUND OF CAUTION DEPOSIT
8. MATTERS RELATED TO LIBRARY BOOKS ISSUE
9. COLLEGE FEE RELATED ISSUES
10. ISSUES RELATED TO GENERAL FACILITIES
11. MATTERS RELATED TO INTERNAL MARKS AND ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE
12. ISSUES RELATED TO TEACHER - STUDENT RELATIONSHIPS
13. GENERAL ACADEMIC FACILITIES
14. GENERAL ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE
15. ANY OTHER ACADEMIC MATTER
2. GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL COMMITTEE:
The Hindu college -MBA Machilipatnam, has constituted the grievance redressal committee with the following members:
Ř Student Representatives from Final Year: (1)
Ř Student Representatives from First Year: (1)
Ř Faculty Representatives:
Miss D.S.B.BHARATHI, Asst.Professor
Sri K.UPENDRA, Asst. Professor
Ř Representative from NTS: Sri. Y.Samson, Librarian
Ř Chairperson: Dr.V.V.S.K.PRASAD, Principal
STUDENT -----> FACULTY MEMBER S ------> PRINCIPAL ------> DIRECTOR -----> CHAIRMAN
Written or Oral Grievances/Complaints received from students relating to the above academic matters will be resolved by the
committee within 1 to 15 working days depending upon the nature of grievance.
4.CONTACT DETAILS: OFFICE: 08672-222108, 9494762977, PRINCIPAL: 9299204505, DIRECTOR: 9440315290
TIMINGS: FROM 10 AM TO 5 PM ON ALL WORKING DAYS
5.ACADEMIC RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF STUDENTS
A. Protection of Freedom of Expression.
B. Protection against Improper Academic Evaluation.
C. Protection against Improper Disclosure.
E. Faculty and Students should be Ethical , Moral and should behave in a manner with good academic interest and should
maintain decent academic relations with teachers and co students and cooperate college authorities to maintain vibrant and
decent academic environment .
6. PROCEDURES FOR THE RESOLUTION OF ACADEMIC GRIEVANCES
Any student who believes that a faculty member has acted improperly or in a manner otherwise inconsistent with the faculty
member's responsibilities or the student's customary academic expectations, may initiate action to achieve a remedy. The
actions available are outlined herein and must be initiated within fourteen (14) calendar days after the student became
aware, or could have reasonably been expected to become aware, of the alleged impropriety.
1. Failing to achieve satisfactory resolution of a complaint of an alleged academic impropriety, the student may file a
grievance, in writing, with the chairperson of the academic grievance committee. Such filing must be done within seven (7)
days after the student has received written notification from the Director or the Director's designee regarding the resolution
of the student's complaint.
2. The student's written grievance shall contain all information previously provided in the student's complaint to the Principal
as well as a copy of the Principal’s written notification to the student regarding the disposition of his/her complaint.
There shall be an academic grievance committee, appointed by the Director, which shall be composed of equal number of
faculty and students. Academic Grievance Committee hearings will usually not be available during the last semester and
during the summer. During these periods, a hearing before a designated campus administrator may be conducted, or
grievances may be deferred until such time as a committee hearing is available.
Student Academic Grievance Redressal Committee
Grievance Redressal Committee is constituted in The Hindu College -MBA with the following members for the year 2019-20:
1. DR.V.V.S.K.PRASAD PRINCIPAL -CHAIRPERSON OF THE COMMITTEE
2.Miss.D.S.B.BHARATHI, ASST. PROFESSOR -- MEMBER
3.Sri.K.UPENDRA, ASST. PROFESSOR --- MEMBER
4. SRI.Y.SAMSON , ASST. LIBRARIAN ---MEMBER
5. -- MEMBER